The Vancouver Transit
System consists of a bus system, the "SkyTrain" (a subway)
and the "SeaBus" (a passenger ferry). These 3 services
are all fully integrated to provide fast, easy transportation in
the Vancouver area. The Vancouver Transit System is divided
fare zones. Fares increase as zone boundaries are crossed. Fares
also increase during peak hours.
Your homestay might not be in the same zone as the school. Upon
arrival, we will give you information about schedules, routes and
fares. You may receive help with planning your trip by calling
Translink at 604 - 953
- 3333 and speaking to an operator.
To enjoy simple, trouble-free public transportation, take the following
1) Try to travel with other students from your neighborhood. Groups
have more fun and do not often become lost.
2) If it is convenient, ask someone from your host family to escort
you to the bus stop on the first day.
3) Make sure you have a bus pass, or the correct change, before
getting on the bus.
4) If necessary, ask your hosts to make a brief note explaining
I don't speak English. I want to go to:
VANCOUVER ENGLISH CENTRE
250 SMITHE STREET, at the corner of SMITHE STREET and CAMBIE STREET.
Would you tell me when to
5) Be prepared. Always carry your new telephone number and address.
Carry some money, in case you need to take a taxi.
Fares (Prices) and Map